Delivery, unboxing, rigging and setting up our new HAAS VF2-SS CNC Mill!
- 12k Spindle
- 1GB Memory
- 1,000 PSI TSC
- Renishaw Probing System
- Multi-Auger Chip Conveyor
- Automatic Air Gun
- High-Speed Machining
Our Thought Process on Selecting Options:
- Renishaw was a ‘must’ for this machine, but we may forego on future machines depending on workflow and fixturing
- We needed thru-spindle-coolant for drilling holes quickly and reliably. It’s about $6k to get 300 PSI and only $2k more to upgrade to 1,000 PSI. You only need the higher PSI if you are drilling small holes (under ~0.25″ [which we are] or incredibly long holes).
- The upgraded augers minimize downtime to clean out chips AND help ensure that coolant returns to the sump
- We could not justify the ~$6k cost to upgrade from 12k to 15k spindle. It was tempting, as our VM3 has 15k (this would have made sharing CAM libraries easier).
We’ll soon be publishing an article for Pro members on How to Negotiate buying a VMC including details on pricing, options, service and more!