View the most recent changes to Fusion 360 pricing and licenses here.
What’s the difference between the Free and Paid Versions of Fusion 360?
Fusion 360 provides a full product suite, all in one cloud based program. This functionality makes it a priceless tool for any number of applications and trades. The versions of Fusion 360 can be a little confusing (especially due to some recent changes), so what can each version do?
Fusion 360 for Personal, Hobby Use
As of late 2020 the “for Personal, Hobby Use” license no longer offers the full functionality of Fusion. Free users do not get access to features such as:
- Multi-axis (3+2, 4th, and 5th axis) toolpaths
- Unlimited open documents (free licenses may only have 10 documents open at a time)
- ATC capabilities in CAM (manual tool changes only)
- Full rapid feedrates (rapid feed can only be as fast as the cutting feed)
- Simulation workspace – note that toolpath simulation IS stull available
For a full breakdown of the October 2020 changes to the personal use license, see this page.
Fusion 360 for Education
This license is available for students and for educational purposes only. Typically a .edu or other school email address is required. This license offers the full functionality of Fusion 360 and is not limited to the functionalities of the Personal, Hobby Use license.
Fusion 360 for Startups
Fusion 360 is available for free to any startup that:
- is less than three years old
- has less than 10 employees
- makes less than $100,000USD in revenue each year
Like the student version, this free license has the full capabilities of Fusion 360.
Fusion 360 Paid License
Fusion 360 “paid” version costs $545 / year (or $70 / month if you only commit to the monthly version). This of course offers the full capabilities of Fusion, and trials are also available.
I thought Fusion 360 had a “Standard” and “Ultimate” version?
Prior to 2019, Fusion 360 had a “standard” and “Ultimate” licenses which were $300 and $1,500 per year, respectively. As of 2019, those versions are gone! Fusion 360 now has one price point – the $495 / year.