|Hands On CNC Machining Class Dec 9 - 11, 2019show details +||$1,375.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: May 27, 2019 8:00 am
Sales End: December 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- Hands On CNC Machining Class Dec 9 - 11, 2019
December 9, 2019 - December 11, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This three day class will be focused on the operation and use of CAD, CAM and CNC milling machines! Students will use Fusion 360 CAD & CAM and Tormach or HAAS CNC mills. Computers are provided, although students may bring their own laptop.
Class Prerequisites: You must be comfortable with basic computer operations (e.g. Microsoft Windows). No machining or Fusion 360 prior experience is required. For those who have never used CAD before, we recommend our 2-Day Intro to Fusion class (which precedes this class).
- Fusion 360
- Dimensional Drawings
- CAM and CNC Toolpaths
- Basic Cutting Tool Speeds & Feeds
- Recommended Machine Shop & Measuring Tools
- CNC Machines Available for Class:
- HAAS VF2-SS and TM3-P
- Tormach 1100 and 770
- Hands-On Portion
- Use of Edge Finders, Haimer, and Renishaw Probes to find Work Coordinate System
- Setting up Cutting Tools, tool holders, and tool heights
- Setting up and cutting soft jaws
- Students will machine and take home a sample part, a speed vise handle, and a small utility knife
Hotel: The Zanesville Holiday Inn Express has a preferred rate. Use either this link or call 740-297-4751 and mention “Saunders Machine Works”.
Rate should be $99/night (plus tax)
Airport: CMH (Columbus a.k.a. John Glenn) is the closest airport; it is about 60 miles away.